Sonave community farming project
Sonave is my ancestral village just outside Mumbai, and this project is to include you in the farming of fruits, vegetables, grains and more so that we all have access to good quality food throughout the year.
What is it?
Farming (for real) with Rujuta Diwekar at her ancestral village of Sonave, just outside Mumbai, where we learn about local foods and good health.
• Learn farming by actually practising it
• Food gyan by Rujuta and her team
• Heritage meals and recipes
• Special focus on introducing kids to farms and real food
In addition, you
• Contribute to the local farmers by buying their produce directly from them
• Also get fresh, natural produce from what you grow yourself.
• Participate in community initiatives like tree plantations, pre school meals, etc.
Fresh, natural food
The produce from what you grow is shared equally between all participants.
In addition, premium produce like fruits, vegetables, rice, oils, etc., from Rujuta’s family farm is also shared as per availability.
For every session, local farmers will be invited to bring their fresh produce and you can buy it directly from them, contributing to their welfare.
Sonave village has officially achieved the ‘Zero malnutrition’ status. More than 250 children are fed Ragi kheer every morning in a project supported by the proceeds from SCFP. We intend to take it to more villages nearby.
• Five pre-decided Sundays in a year, one for each season, from 8 - 11am
• A snack followed by farm activity, gyan session, heritage meal and food basket.
• You can sign up for the full year or for any one session.
The cost for SCFP 2023 in INR
Full Year: 20,000/-
Two adults / Couple: 35,000/-
Kids below 12: Complimentary
Kids between 12-18: 15,000/-
Nutrition/ medical students: 15,000/-
Per Session: 5,000/-